Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 2 -- Zion

The drive to Zion was beautiful. I am totally impressed with these hot dry hills.

I had my camp set up by 11 this morning. By noon I was on the shuttle bus up the canyon.

I went to the end of the line and did the river walk hike. This a pretty easy level trail that takes you to the begining of the narrows. I went as far as I could without actually hiking in the river. It was really hot and dry but worth it.

Afterwards I climbed up to weeping rock. This is fed like a spring and is wet year round. One day in Zion isn't nearly enough,  I may have to make plans to revisit here when it is cooler.

Tomorrow I am going to Bryce Canyon.  I am told it  will be cooler because it is higher up.

I am posting from my phone so the only pics I am sending are phone photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment