I planned to be on the road this morning by 4 am but that just didn't work out for me. Last night I wasn't able to get to sleep until after midnight. I did get up at 4 but didn't hit the road until 5.
I traveled down I5 to Bakersfield and then headed east. This is a really boring drive, but I downloaded some audio books to my phone in advance. My car stereo doesn't have an auxiliary plug so I just turned off the radio and listened through my new Bluetooth Turtle-shell speaker. Very handy.
There was a accident right before I got here maybe a quarter mile in front of me. An SUV pulling a trailer jack-knifed in the Virgin River Gorge. It didn't look like there were any injuries and there was enough room for passenger vehicles to squeeze by but the truckers were going to have a wait.
I didn't take any pictures yet because I spent the entire day driving. The area around St George is really beautiful with all the Red Rock. Tomorrow I will head to Zion. I will spend the day in the park and camp there before heading to Bryce Canyon on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment